Eq3btsmart and home assistant

Hi,
I have problem enabling the eq3btsmart module in home-assistant (nixos 24.05)
I enabled the module with

services.home-assistant.config.eq3btsmart = {};

but when I start home-assistant I have this error

Setup failed for 'eq3btsmart': Unable to import component: No module named 'eq3btsmart'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/nix/store/4rkr4h7k1nkii8y315v5jcm06lfx87a2-homeassistant-2024.5.5/lib/python3.12/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 322, in _async_setup_component
    component = await integration.async_get_component()
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[...]
  File "/nix/store/4rkr4h7k1nkii8y315v5jcm06lfx87a2-homeassistant-2024.5.5/lib/python3.12/site-packages/homeassistant/components/eq3btsmart/__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
    from eq3btsmart import Thermostat
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'eq3btsmart'

I also tried to add it with

services.home-assistant.extraComponents = [
      "eq3btsmart"
    ];

with no success. I’m confused because it seems that this module should be integrated in home-assistant but also a more advance version should be available at GitHub - dbuezas/eq3btsmart (it seems that they partially merged the module now)
Also in nixpkgs I see this

"eq3btsmart" = ps: with ps; [
      aioesphomeapi
[...]
      zeroconf
    ]; # missing inputs: eq3btsmart

at nixpkgs/pkgs/servers/home-assistant/component-packages.nix at e806b64f7f1c5469f253b742a41ea2b5842f3eb2 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub
and I’m not sure what missing inputs means there. That the module doesn’t work? I can’t find anything from the commit history.

Was anyone able to have the eq3btsmart module working?

Thanks!

If someone is interested, I had some time to have a look at the configuration/setup used in nix for home-assistant.
The component-packages.nix file is autogenerated by the update-component-packages.py script that is unpacking the original home-assistant tar/archive and scanning the component/ subdirectory. For each of them, it is loading the manifest.json file and reading the requirement field.
For the component eq3btsmart the requirement section is as follow

[...]
 "requirements": ["eq3btsmart==1.1.6", "bleak-esphome==1.0.0"]
[...]

as eq3btsmart is not available as package in the nixpkgs repository, the script is printing

# missing inputs: eq3btsmart

at the end of the eq3btsmart configuration that I posted.
Of course, when home-assistant is starting, the eq3btsmart is not found.

home-assistant: support eq3btsmart component by dotlambda · Pull Request #326363 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub will add the missing package.

1 Like