Error when downgrading from unstable to 23.11

Hello

I tried to downgrade nixos and HM from unstable/master to 23.11. nix flake check works—everything seems fine. But when I run nixos-rebuild, I get stuck on a build error (see below). I searched the internet and forums but haven’t found any solutions to this problem. It seems to be connected to the documentation being built, but disabling it through Home Manager didn’t change anything.

** (process:7405): CRITICAL **: 11:22:40.538: store failed: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.secrets: Process org.freedesktop.secrets exited with status 1
Already up to date.
building the system configuration...
error: builder for '/nix/store/whbaz13z7ag2wz9prrbs3xz34qrnry5r-lazy-options.json.drv' failed with exit code 1;
       last 25 log lines:
       >              |               ^
       >           329|             );
       >
       >        … while calling 'renderOptionValue'
       >
       >          at /nix/store/4s6k687zxxfmd1qhwqggkv1vrwp103yq-lib/options.nix:365:23:
       >
       >           364|   */
       >           365|   renderOptionValue = v:
       >              |                       ^
       >           366|     if v ? _type && v ? text then v
       >
       >        error: attribute 'services' missing
       >
       >        at /nix/store/qh92r1qsj83hq20a4r07m24v5bjjq26b-nixos/modules/services/web-apps/akkoma.nix:5:9:
       >
       >             4| let
       >             5|   cfg = config.services.akkoma;
       >              |         ^
       >             6|   ex = cfg.config;
       > Cacheable portion of option doc build failed.
       > Usually this means that an option attribute that ends up in documentation (eg `default` or `description`) depends on the restricted module arguments `config` or `pkgs`.
       >
       > Rebuild your configuration with `--show-trace` to find the offending location. Remove the references to restricted arguments (eg by escaping their antiquotations or adding a `defaultText`) or disable the sandboxed build for the failing module by setting `meta.buildDocsInSandbox = false`.
       > 
       For full logs, run 'nix log /nix/store/whbaz13z7ag2wz9prrbs3xz34qrnry5r-lazy-options.json.drv'.
error: 1 dependencies of derivation '/nix/store/y9z2zr11q76rn4sgigr9sys80kbwr53c-options.json.drv' failed to build
error: 1 dependencies of derivation '/nix/store/qr1g4prf2yvdcvv5c1cwqlsm3y0s1gs0-nixos-configuration-reference-manpage.drv' failed to build
error: 1 dependencies of derivation '/nix/store/jvgc54vda8jv7wbxrfnnibpkd9f9rd8r-nixos-manual-html.drv' failed to build
error: 1 dependencies of derivation '/nix/store/ylpkiax97yysl866l7jkmhqfb35ccz8x-system-path.drv' failed to build
error: 1 dependencies of derivation '/nix/store/1z2xgksdqh73a5q44ajr5jcxisgx9kik-nixos-system-nixos-23.11.20240415.69be1d0.drv' failed to build

Notes:

• I don’t use akkoma myself. This is just included in the options and probably read for generating the documentation.

That’s the nixos documentation that fails to which is probably required to built configuration.nix.
Akkoma probably uses features which only exist in unstable.
You didn’t post the full log of the build failure, so I can only guess where it exactly fails.

Bump your 23.11 tag, this was fixed ~yesterday.