Feature Request: What feature do you most want that is currently missing in Nix open source toolsets?

Hello Nix community!

I have started using NixOS now for about 2 months, and so far I have been enjoying the unique experience of configuring my OS desired state by writing code (except for the lack of documentation for the Nix language).

Since I really want to support the Nix community by creating a new standalone solution to address some of the missing gaps in the Nix open source tool-sets - my question would be: What problems do you encounter when using Nix or any related Nix tool-set, and the solution/tool for that issue is (partially or fully) missing from the entire Nix open source space?
I would appreciate suggestions that are complex and could benefit as many people as possible.

My tech stack is:

• Languages: Nix, Python, JavaScript, Java
  • Frameworks: ReactJS, Flask, Java Spring
  • Cloud providers: Azure, AWS
  • IaC: Terraform, AWS/Terraform CDK
  • Containerization: Docker, K8S
  • CI/CD: Github actions, Azure Pipelines, AWS CodePipeline
  • DB: MySQL, PostgreSQL, AWS DynamoDB, SQLite

I am of course open to learning new languages :slight_smile: , so please don’t limit your feature requests to just these technologies.

PS: The solution should be more tailored on the technical side, rather than focusing solely on documentation or any other related non-technical issues

2 Likes

Take a look at these deliverables:

2 Likes