I’ve added a flake.nix file to a Python project of mine, and I was hoping to get some constructive criticism on it. I’ve opened a pull request, and I’d love for anyone who wants to leave a review: Add a nix flake setup by waxlamp · Pull Request #17 · waxlamp/elgato · GitHub.
I’m looking for advice on the following:
- Does my setup look more or less correct as is?
- Is there a better way to organize/refactor my flake?
- Anything else that I don’t know to ask about
And some specific questions about how to make use of this:
- What is the normal way for anyone out there to install my package?
nix profile? This seems to work, but that brings me to…
- How do I make use of this flake declaratively? For instance, how do I install this via home-manager?