Flameshot options

Flameshot is such a great tool.
I’m having trouble finding a list of configurable options, other than the few short examples such as -

services.flameshot = {
        enable = true;
        settings.General = { showStartupLaunchMessage = false; };

What I’m really after is just one - to set ‘Use last region’ to true.
Every time I restart, I need to tick this box so it’s a minor annoyance.

Can anyone help out here?

1 Like

The following should work:

services.flameshot = {
    enable = true;
    settings.General = {
      showStartupLaunchMessage = false;
      saveLastRegion = true;
    };
  };

Home-manager links to flameshot.example.ini for more options, but saveLastRegion isn’t listed there.

To find it, I installed flameshot without the flameshot.settings attribute, changed it manually in the program and then examined the config file under ~/.config/flameshot/flameshot.ini.

In cases like this, it’s generally better to configure the program normally and when you’re comfortable with the results, you can then transform it into a nix expression.

4 Likes

oh great. thanks for this.
I did try your process but neglected to add without the flameshot.settings attribute.
Thank you, should be good after a reboot now

1 Like
[das@t14:~]$ flameshot
Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
[das@t14:~]$ QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland flameshot
Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
^C

[das@t14:~]$ export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland

[das@t14:~]$ env | grep way
XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland
XAUTHORITY=/run/user/1000/.mutter-Xwaylandauth.MVGMR2
MEMORY_PRESSURE_WATCH=/sys/fs/cgroup/user.slice/user-1000.slice/user@1000.service/session.slice/org.gnome.Shell@wayland.service/memory.pressure
WAYLAND_DISPLAY=wayland-0
QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland

[das@t14:~]$ flameshot