Flatpak app Authenticator fails to run

I was trying this flatpak app: Flathub - Apps for Linux

But it showed this message and exit:

flatpak run com.github.bilelmoussaoui.Authenticator

(Authenticator:2): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: 15:44:00.607: Cannot open pixbuf loader module file '/nix/store/nzns77vx0wa2vfdmzbnhwgp8nbbwzspq-librsvg-2.42.4/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache': No such file or directory

This likely means that your installation is broken.
Try running the command
  gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders > /nix/store/nzns77vx0wa2vfdmzbnhwgp8nbbwzspq-librsvg-2.42.4/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache
to make things work again for the time being.

(Authenticator:2): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: 15:44:02.803: Cannot open pixbuf loader module file '/nix/store/nzns77vx0wa2vfdmzbnhwgp8nbbwzspq-librsvg-2.42.4/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache': No such file or directory

Try running the command
  gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders > /nix/store/nzns77vx0wa2vfdmzbnhwgp8nbbwzspq-librsvg-2.42.4/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache

(Authenticator:2): Gtk-WARNING **: 15:44:02.803: Could not load a pixbuf from icon theme.
This may indicate that pixbuf loaders or the mime database could not be found.

(Authenticator:2): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: 15:44:02.824: Cannot open pixbuf loader module file '/nix/store/nzns77vx0wa2vfdmzbnhwgp8nbbwzspq-librsvg-2.42.4/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache': No such file or directory

Try running the command
Gtk:ERROR:gtkiconhelper.c:494:ensure_surface_for_gicon: assertion failed (error == NULL): Failed to load /usr/share/icons/Adwaita/16x16/status/image-missing.png: Unrecognized image file format (gdk-pixbuf-error-quark, 3)

how can I fix that?

It’s a known issue, though I don’t think we’ve found a proper solution yet.

https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/53441

This workaround works for me for now:

flatpak run --filesystem=/nix/store:ro com.github.bilelmoussaoui.Authenticator

Edit: you probably want to suffix the filesystem path with :ro to make it read only (should probably be fine without it, but can’t hurt.

1 Like

The problem should be fixed in unstable now: flatpak: clear GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_FILE by hedning · Pull Request #59665 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub

1 Like