Gnome asking for password twice after autologin for keyring

Basically after I’ve messed up a little bit with my config, Gnome now asks for my password twice after autologin. One is the default polkit dialog and the other is a random window. I think this might be an issue with autologin.

The second random dialog:

It seems to be a GTK3 app as it is using my adw-gtk3 theme.

My config: GitHub - arthsmn/Nixrc: Minha configuração do NixOS

I have a similar problem on one of my computers too. I have to run gnome-keyring-daemon --gnome-keyring-daemon --replace each time I log in or custom shortcuts take 1 to 2 minutes to actually happen after I press them. Not sure if this is related, but I’d be interested to find out. My suspicion is there’s something messed up in my dconf and I’ll need to reset my dconf to find what it is.

I know in the past when I’ve had problems with things like this, it’s been because I changed my password but didn’t do it through gnome’s interface, which also updates some other things like the keyring credentials. You could try updating your password through gnome’s interface and seeing if it fixes the problem.

My password is set declaratively, so this wouldn’t be a solution.

From a random post, it’s been suggested that it might be because of autologin being enabled (which you have in your config). Try disabling it and see if that fixes it.

If that doesn’t solve it, can you pinpoint when this started to happen?

My Gnome is a little bit strange since I installed and enabled the extension Burn my Windows. I don’t know what it have done, but reverting the changes haven’t fixed.

Edit: the issue seems to be the autologin, disabled and it worked just fine.

1 Like