NixOS GO / NO-GO Meeting
Hi everyone ,
This meeting is to include stakeholders from various critical subsystems of NixOS. We hope to include people representing server deployments, macOS, ARM, maintainers of various Desktop Environments and GUI ecosystems, and other key participants.
Where / When
We are planning to hold a 1 hour long Jitsi Meet call as soon as possible. This is video-optional, and participation by IRC is also okay – but real-time audio participation at a minimum is preferred. Once we get some availability information, I will send out a meeting invitation.
We will try to make the time ideal for everybody, but we will likely not be able to do so. Please fill out this form with your availability so we can do our best: https://www.when2meet.com/?9920643-zaNva
During this call we will review bugs in the 20.09 blocker project, and this is also your chance to propose other release blocking bugs or pull requests for review. Please attach these proposals to this thread so they can be collected ahead of time for the call. The outcome of this meeting is to decide if we’re ready to release, or if it needs to be delayed within reason. Ultimately this final decision will be up to the discretion of the release managers (@jonringer and @worldofpeace).
What is a blocker?
A blocker issue is a bug that must be fixed and blocks the milestone releases.
We cannot proceed without them being fixed or having known workarounds. Things that aren’t right for this meeting are bugs that would “be nice to have” or are non-essential. Blocker bugs will affect critical path things such as everything already in the 20.09 jobset’s tested constituents and anything else we consider to be critical path for NixOS.
- A brief explanation of the intentions of the meeting
- Roll call: participants will identify what subsystems and users they are representing.
- Blocker evaluation: review each listed bug and related issues and decide on priority. Make sure your bug is in this thread before the meeting.
- Release Notes Review
- GO / NO-GO Decision: We will likely release even with known issues. The goal here is to decide which ones are blocking and not.
- Setting the Goal Date: what day should we have these completed by, or the release is going on without them?