GO / NO-GO Meeting: NixOS 20.09 Nightingale

I’m ceratinly not someone “interested” in darwin, but there’s no success and thus no channel version so far: Hydra - nixpkgs:nixpkgs-20.09-darwin:darwin-tested

It kinda confuses me that there’s darwin included in a release of the NixOS?
Like 20.09 is a version for NixOS. So I’m not sure, have we ever blocked on darwin issues?

I opened an issue on GitHub with the cause gegl_0_4 fails to build on darwin blocking the gimp test in nixpkgs-20.09-darwin · Issue #99108 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub

1 Like

The channel is there now, thanks :tada:

NixOS artwork is due for a release logo 20.09 logo · Issue #56 · NixOS/nixos-artwork · GitHub
cc @mogorman

hadn’t had time to finish it, but i will tonight and upload it to artwork project as well as update the store.

6 Likes

19 Likes

sorry for the short notice gcal invite, but one is located https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=Y2dvamVjajRjcGdqZWI5ajY5ajNhYjlrYzRxamliYjFjaGltOGJiNDZrbzM0cGhqY2RnbThvaG82ayBqb25yaW5nZXIxMTdAbQ&tmsrc=jonringer117%40gmail.com

Is it because MS is rollling in cash that you’re not working or is it because you’re not working that MS is rolling in cash?

Just kidding , I know you do unbelievable amount of volunteer work for Nix. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m essentially doing the meeting at lunch. :slight_smile:

And as long as I’m meeting productivity expectations, my team doesn’t mind shifting around my hours a bit. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

No I sincerely appreciate you doing so much for nix, I was joking and (having spent time at at MS) I know they are very accomodating.

6 Likes

gcal invite for next week on Oct 9th

OMG, totally forgot to get notes or a youtube upload. Sorry to anyone who was trying to follow this.

1 Like

I did it pretty “quickly”, but here are the notes for GO / NO-GO Meeting Fri Oct 9, 2020: NixOS 20.09 GO NO-GO Meeting.md · GitHub
(this is hackmd export so it’s not perfect)

We decided 20.09 is a NO-GO and to meet again at a later. And NixCon complicates this as our usual meeting date is on Friday (the same day as NixCon).

4 Likes

Just found this: 20.09 Blockers · GitHub which seems to be keeping track of the different things blocking 20.09, with links to the issues.

yeah, that’s linked in the meeting notes

1 Like

Outcome of today’s meeting:

• No go
    • still have a few scenarios which need addressing but shouldn’t be overly difficult
    • will sync again early next week (monday?) @worldofpeace @garbas @jonringer
5 Likes

What’s the current status? Is there another go/no-go meeting scheduled? Asking because can’t wait :slight_smile:

There wasn’t one last week, because of nixcon (which was great btw).

The last “blocking issue with no defined timeline” was closed with [20.09] kdeFrameworks.plasma-framework: aligned with QtQuick 2.12 by jonringer · Pull Request #101078 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub

@worldofpeace, @garbas and I are just finishing up some “polishing” tasks. The remaining tasks can be viewed here: 20.09 Blockers · GitHub

As long as everything goes to plan, we should see the release occur on monday, 2020-10-26

10 Likes

Me and @jonringer confirmed today that we just have polishing tasks at 20.09 Blockers · GitHub, I’m about to re-pr the fix for the gnome logout button. Once that one is merged we’ll be on an official GO. Currently we’re still planning to release on monday 2020-10-26

14 Likes

GOne: NixOS 20.09 Release!

7 Likes