Hash Mismatch Error Wl-Source

Can i get assistance on resolving this? Or, is this an issue that the developer has to resolve?

type or paste code herbuilding the system configuration...
error: hash mismatch in fixed-output derivation '/nix/store/1cswdsk3kcx2rx1dzvsy25a4sv2667wl-source.drv':
         specified: sha256-IHWBvPEl0RN/0j8FaeAhlzWPeitC3bBgUCAj49aPLpw=
            got:    sha256-BnDS1n1aIQh9HJZeZv0hR7vo2l6Kf9B/11fYFbb/cpQ=
error: 1 dependencies of derivation '/nix/store/90rncdvhzk6bngh3xrhrpgcsi311apbv-cimg-3.4.0.drv' failed to build
error: 1 dependencies of derivation '/nix/store/2jgzjb3cwzpiwzdgplmmqmc94k9c5j2s-gmic-qt-gimp-3.3.6.drv' failed to build
error: 1 dependencies of derivation '/nix/store/l9h912nl4da2b30nzj8a2ksnjgja3az6-gimp-with-plugins-2.10.38.drv' failed to build
error: 1 dependencies of derivation '/nix/store/ss4k0fpxpk7953ack9qd0b98rmnk6fjh-home-manager-path.drv' failed to build
error: 1 dependencies of derivation '/nix/store/d2ccy3igami4wz2ahq3v5v28jms3i0zj-home-manager-generation.drv' failed to build
error: 1 dependencies of derivation '/nix/store/x5rfr1hz94qb9m2w363vap9dgvwsnjw0-user-environment.drv' failed to build
error: 1 dependencies of derivation '/nix/store/5kykzxd5f511hvk7yl3540jldidkgdn4-etc.drv' failed to build
error (ignored): error: cannot unlink '/tmp/nix-build-xwayland-24.1.0.drv-0': Directory not empty
error (ignored): error: cannot unlink '/tmp/nix-build-nerdfonts-3.2.1.drv-0': Directory not empty
error (ignored): error: cannot unlink '/tmp/nix-build-google-fonts-unstable-2023-10-20.drv-0/source/ofl': Directory not empty
error: 1 dependencies of derivation '/nix/store/diksxw011fwa4673n2amij4lq460x18g-nixos-system-opx-5090-24.11.20240616.b60ebf5.drv' failed to builde

Reading on it that was an upstream issue - they moved tag (so hash changed) after version bump in nixpkgs:

PR with fixed hash was merged:

But it did not get to nixos-unstable as of now, when it gets there you would need to update and it should be fixed:
https://nixpk.gs/pr-tracker.html?pr=320204

Thank you. I sort of figured that was my only option, but i had not encountered one of these before.

I would not say itā€™s your only option.
There are a lot of options to build your system right now:

• stay on nixos-unstable version before that cimg version bump and wait until hash fix get there.
  • do not use cimg or anything that depends on it
  • overlay that package with fixed hash

But the easiest would be to just wait until it gets to nixos-unstable (option 1).

I appreciate the additional information. I forgot about using an overlay. I think I will just heed your advice and stick with waiting for the hash to get updated by the developerā€¦

1 Like

How exactly do I do that in configuration.nix? I canā€™t seem to find a good reference, only hints. I tried this:

nixpkgs.overlays = [
  (_final: prev: {
    inherit
      (import pkgs.fetchzip
        {
          url = "https://github.com/fabaff/nixpkgs/archive/cimg-fix-hash.tar.gz";
          sha256 = "sha256-BnDS1n1aIQh9HJZeZv0hR7vo2l6Kf9B/11fYFbb/cpQ=";
        }
        {
          overlays = [ ];
          inherit (prev) config;
        }
      )
      cimg
      ;
  })
];

That one fails with ā€œerror: cannot coerce a set to a stringā€.

I also tried this:

nixpkgs.overlays = [
  (_final: prev: {
    cimg = prev.cimg.overrideAttrs (old: {
      patches = (old.patches or [ ]) ++ [
        (pkgs.fetchpatch {
          url = "https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/320204.patch";
          hash = "sha256-qg+mkhZQE/H9aNjXRFn+Kh7u+Zse2mxubFz+XB9/Dj8=";
        })
      ];
    });
  })
];

It builds, but I still get the original error:

error: hash mismatch in fixed-output derivation '/nix/store/1cswdsk3kcx2rx1dzvsy25a4sv2667wl-source.drv':
         specified: sha256-IHWBvPEl0RN/0j8FaeAhlzWPeitC3bBgUCAj49aPLpw=
            got:    sha256-BnDS1n1aIQh9HJZeZv0hR7vo2l6Kf9B/11fYFbb/cpQ=

Not sure what first is supposed to do.
But second wonā€™t work, because you are trying to apply patch to package src, not .nix file in nixpkgs where hash is.

You need to either patch nixpkgs with something like:

let
  nixpkgsPatches = [
    {
      url = "https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/320204.patch";
      hash = "sha256-qg+mkhZQE/H9aNjXRFn+Kh7u+Zse2mxubFz+XB9/Dj8=";
    }
  ];
  pkgsOrigin = (import nixpkgs { inherit system; });
  pkgsPatched = (
    pkgsOrigin.applyPatches {
      name = "nixpkgs-patched";
      src = inputs.nixpkgs;
      patches = map pkgsOrigin.fetchpatch nixpkgsPatches;
    }
  );
  pkgs = import pkgsPatched { inherit system; };
in

(there may or may not be extra import there, not sure)

or overrideAttrs with src:

overlays = [
  (final: prev: {
    cimg = prev.cimg.overrideAttrs (old: {
      src = prev.pkgs.fetchFromGitHub {
        owner = "GreycLab";
        repo = "CImg";
        rev = "refs/tags/v.3.4.0";
        hash = "sha256-BnDS1n1aIQh9HJZeZv0hR7vo2l6Kf9B/11fYFbb/cpQ=";
      };
    });
  })
];

Thought itā€™s probably too late, because fix already got to nixos-unstable.