Help with building ilia from source

Can you help me with this?

I’m trying to build ilia on nix, and have installed all the neccesary dependencies as specified here.

Error:
Run-time dependency tracker-sparql-2.0 found: NO (tried pkgconfig and cmake)
meson.build:10:0: ERROR: Dependency “tracker-sparql-2.0” not found, tried pkgconfig and cmake

The derivation:

{
  lib, stdenv, fetchgit, glib, gettext, gobject-introspection, intltool, gtk3, json-glib, tracker, meson, vala, cmake, pkg-config,
}:

stdenv.mkDerivation {
  pname = "ilia";
  version = "v0.0.0";

src = fetchgit {
    url = "https://github.com/regolith-linux/ilia";
    hash = "sha256-cRdBTV21P/NN/gfJj2qOH7d+DfyqKCd/1+WAhSZm1g4=";
  };

nativeBuildInputs = [

];

buildInputs = [
    glib gettext gobject-introspection intltool gtk3 json-glib tracker meson vala cmake pkg-config
  ];

installPhase = ''
    echo "Installation PHASE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"
  '';

meta = {
    description = "Regolith ilia";
  };
}

What is the derivation you are trying to build?

Note that if you are trying to build a program, you cannot install dependencies globally like you would on other distros, see I installed a library but my compiler is not finding it. Why?

I’m building ilia. Actually I got over this error (was using the wrong file :P) But now I have a new error:

Error:
Run-time dependency tracker-sparql-2.0 found: NO (tried pkgconfig and cmake)
meson.build:10:0: ERROR: Dependency “tracker-sparql-2.0” not found, tried pkgconfig and cmake

(I’m also editing the main question to include the derivation)

Nixpkgs tracker package only has tracker-sparql-3.0, tracker-sparql-2.0 has been removed four years ago. Someone will need to porrt ilia as per Tracker – 3.0: Migrating from 2.x to 3.0.

Ohh okay I get it. I’ll create an issue for this on ilia’s repo. Thanks :smile:

Edit: ilia has a different branch (Ubuntu/jammy) which contains the updated tracker, the main is branch is just for legacy reasons

The issue, for reference: Tracker version update · Issue #84 · regolith-linux/ilia · GitHub