Do you enjoy working on multiple projects across various industries? Do you have the experience to comfortably step in and lead a team? Our DevOps team is looking for a new member to help proactively monitor systems and platforms for performance, availability, and capacity management.
We are looking for a full-time, remote contractor with a solid DevOps background and the ability to work across various projects. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives as being part of a fast-paced team and who takes pride in their capability to succeed while delivering value to our clients.
Innovation is the heart of Stack Builders, an Agile software consultancy based in New York, with offices in Quito, Ecuador. Our cross-cultural teams pride themselves in building applications that exceed our clients’ expectations. We push the boundaries of the industry by following best practices, maintaining high levels of communication, valuing seamless teamwork, and aiming for continuous improvement.
As we all work to adapt during the current global health crisis, we are reminded that focusing on the values of empathy and community enables us all to be the best versions of ourselves.
- A desire to mentor other engineers and foster a collaborative environment to improve our software development processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code principles, DevOps and automation domain, and tools such as Ansible.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.).
- Experience with major cloud providers.
- Experience with CI/CD Automation and Release Management with related tools, branching, and other DevOps best practices.
- Linux systems administration experience (performance tuning, backup, and recovery, monitoring, troubleshooting, maintenance, security, automation. An interest in Nix/NixOS is a plus).
- Programming following best practices at the systems level, using languages like Ruby or Python.
- Comprehensive understanding of networking concepts (layers, firewalls, DNS, VPN, TCP/IP stack, etc.), how to build secure infrastructure, and an awareness of common server security vulnerabilities.
- Ability to proactively uphold standards for data protection, information security, and compliance.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving problems in mission-critical environments and triaging and managing the escalation of cases.
- Ability to monitor and improve the availability, performance, and observability of production services.
- Experience with Web Servers and Database Systems
Some of the perks of working with us are:
- Strong learning culture
- Regular pairing sessions
- Challenging projects
- Opportunities for company-sponsored conference participation and technical talks
- Exceptionally talented and passionate coworkers
Stack Builders is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or pregnancy.