Jsonresume-nix - build and deploy your resume with nix

I were made aware of the project jsonresume.org, however, I’m not a great fan of javascript. So I’ve quickly learned that both the tooling is in javascript and that the themes requires javascript tooling to work with.

But the most updated tooling is already in nixpkgs and I figured out that given a full path to the theme’s index file, one can have the theme in any location.

So what this project does:

• It packages a few themes to be used without having to interact with npm
  • It provides some wrapper scripts to use these themes
  • It also supports to not use JSON as it’s main format to define the scheme, it also supports Nix or TOML
  • It provides some template github actions for publishing of the resume

It’s available on GitHub as a flake: GitHub - TaserudConsulting/jsonresume-nix: Reproducible résumé using Nix ❄️ and jsonresume or on flakehub: FlakeHub

Here’s my sample use for my own resume: GitHub - etu/resume which gets deployed to Elis Hirwing

18 Likes

Amazing stuff, I might probably use it soon !

1 Like

It took me way too long to figure out that this is about resumes (CVs) not resuming some software to a certain state.

2 Likes

It took me way too long to figure out that this is about resumes (CVs) not resuming some software to a certain state.

The accents should be there for a reason :slight_smile:

(AltGr+E on a typical QWERTY keyboard)

The accents should be there for a reason :slight_smile:

I’ve updated it in the description on the GitHub project, however… I don’t seem to be able to update it in the post here. I will update the readme as well to make it more clear for people finding the project on GitHub :slight_smile:

2 Likes