Julia GLMakie errors in NixOS?

Hello!

I’ve very very recently started exploring NixOS, trying to make it my working OS. My only previous linux experience was using linux mint for about a year, followed by a bit of distro hopping. Fortunately, there are very few absolute necessities for my work, mainly just being able to open, edit, and run some python and julia code.

To this end, my main interest is being able to instantiate a specific Julia environment. I installed Julia using the julia-bin unstable release (since I need Julia 1.10) and ran the instantiate command. Everything was fine except for GLMakie, which throws the following error:

[ Info: Precompiling VSCodeServer [9f5989ce-84fe-42d4-91ec-6a7a8d53ed0f]
  Activating project at `~/github-repos/Coupled-FHN`
Precompiling project...
  ✗ GLMakie
  509 dependencies successfully precompiled in 197 seconds. 1 already precompiled.
  1 dependency had output during precompilation:
┌ DynamicalSystems
│  Update message: DynamicalSystems v3.1.0
│  
│  DynamicalSystems.jl moved to Julia 1.9+, and now exports visualization
│  and interactive applications automatically once Makie (or Makie backends
│  such as GLMakie) come into scope, using the new package extension system.
│  
│  The package InteractiveDynamics.jl is now obsolete.
└  
  1 dependency errored.
  For a report of the errors see `julia> err`. To retry use `pkg> precompile`

I read in an older resource that the plots package would have trouble working, and it would make sense to me if the same issue is causing GLMakie to not work as well. The post recommended to switch to another package for plotting, however in my case this is really something I would like to avoid. Is there a way I could get this running? Where should I start?