Let's have a great 22.05 release cycle!

Hi everyone,

I’d like to officially thank the community for the opportunity given to @tomberek and myself as the new release managers for this cycle.
We are very grateful for the chance to give back to the NixOS community and push the state of the project that much further!
We would also like to give special thanks to @jonringer in advance, since he’s guided the last releases with his knowledge and helped during this release to date.

This is also the first time we have a Release Editor on board, who is @Mic92.
The new role is not fully defined and will mostly focus on the release notes and the website.
We hope to refine the tasks of this role during this release cycle.

With that announcement, I’d also like to publish the current release cycle schedule which is on GitHub for editability. Since we’ve got a few weeks until the major lifting begins, feel free to brainstorm any further ideas, improvements or even just comments or concerns in either this thread or on the GitHub issue.

The issue about the feature freeze period will be posted on GitHub and linked here once created.

As always, we’ll be heavily relying on the collective expertise of the entire community to make these next few weeks smooth and successful.
The last release introduced a release management room on the Matrix space where we are all reachable in one place.

Most of all, thanks to everyone who helps to keep NixOS growing and progressing into one of the most awesome and unique distributions around!

43 Likes

As always, may this be the best release yet! :slight_smile:

I have a lot of faith in the release team, really excited for 22.05 :tada:

23 Likes

Glad to see everything starting off smoothly. Have fun everyone! :wave:

3 Likes

Can there be a public calendar that gets adjusted? Something that I can just import into my Google calendar?

1 Like
2 Likes