Let's have a great 24.05 release cycle!

Hi everyone,

I’d like to officially thank the community for the opportunity given to myself and @Mic92 as the release managers for NixOS 24.05. Let’s make this release cycle a great one!

I’d also like to introduce @jacg and @krbylit, who will be the release editors for NixOS 24.05. Special thanks to them for their contribution!

You can find the release schedule as a GitHub issue for editability. Your suggestions are valuable, whether they be improvements, concerns, ideas, or just comments.

If you would like to reach out to any of the release managers or release editors, or if you’re interested in participating in this release, we’ve set up a release management Matrix room. We would love to hear any feedback or suggestions from you!

53 Likes

April 17 ends AoE. Breaking changes to Release Critical Packages are now restricted.

7 Likes

Awesome. May is close. Has anyone found a suitable image for the logo? I honestly can’t picture what one looks like in my head. Anyway, very exciting! We’re in good hands with @wegank :slight_smile:

3 Likes
4 Likes

May 1 ends AoE. All breaking changes are now restricted, except for desktop environments.

7 Likes