LMMS 1.3.0-alpha Overlay

For those wanting to use LMMS 1.3.0 instead of the outdated stable release that’s never updated, 1.2.2, use this overlay that @fps & TehBoss from the IRC put together:

nixpkgs.overlays = [
        (self: super: {
            lmms = super.lmms.overrideAttrs {
                version = "1.3.0-alpha.1";
                src = pkgs.fetchFromGitHub {
                    owner = "LMMS";
                    repo = "lmms";
                    rev = "bda042e1eb59e4c7508faa072051c50c2e12894d";
                    sha256 = "sha256-EGJcTzPUkIqURHKjX6dTRkeRTqwHM8eG74lYVILgSAs";
                    fetchSubmodules = true;
                };
                patches = [];
            };
        })
    ];
2 Likes

@goibhniu @yana (lmms package maintainers, hope i’m tagging the right names!): do you think a lmms-unstable package is warranted? upstream has struggled to figure out their release process in 4 years, i’d guess there’s value in a package variant that tracks something closer to master for a package like this if the extra maintenance isn’t too burdensome (i’d guess those interested in a more up-to-date LMMS probably don’t need an actual nightly, but would benefit from a lmms-unstable even if it’s bumped on something like a monthly or “as needed” cadence).

1 Like

I’ll do it myself when I learn how to write nix package configs. Would be better to have that than having to rebuild lmms every now and then. Makes updates take longer when it decides to rebuild.