Local jdks not working with 22.05

Hello, It has been a while but I just ran into an issue and I’m not sure what to do. I use Intellij a lot for side projects. I started using it to manage jdks because I’m not sure how to write all of the nix code in my nur repo to install the jdks. After upgrading to 22.05 the jdks intellij installs under ~/.jdks stopped working. The only thing I get is file is not found. I also checked the file and I think it is a problem with linking to other libraries.

Did something change in 22.05 to make this not work anymore?

I am not sure what you did before, though these do not work as their “interpreter” is set to something that doesn’t exist on NixOS.

There are some known workarounds, like nix-ld, autobahn or a symlink from /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 to whatever is the interpreter in your current NixOS generations stdenv.

1 Like

nix-ld will not work here due to intellij dropping env variables unless they are defined through intellij.
This is what I’m doing https://github.com/gytis-ivaskevicius/nixfiles/blob/4bc0542bfb273af1fd8a108698e4caf12e650339/config/base-desktop.nix#L15-L17

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I will try this fix. Thanks!