Luj’s Informal Steering Committee Reports

[This post is written in my own name and is not posted on behalf of the rest of the SC]

Dear everyone,

I believe one major shortcoming of the previous Steering Committee was the lack of clear communication. Without effective communication, the community cannot fully understand the committee’s actions (or inaction), and over time this can erode trust in its representatives.

While I am advocating for stronger transparency within our constitution, I also want to lead by example — regardless of where that broader discussion ends up. To that end, I plan to regularly share informal reports about what the SC is currently working on, along with my personal perspective on our activities.

I will post those reports in this thread.
Replies are disabled to keep the thread clear and avoid burying the links in replies, but I warmly welcome any feedback, reactions, or concerns via private message or Matrix.

54 Likes

Luj Steering Committee Report - Nov 10 2025

29 Likes

Luj Steering Committee Report - Nov 16 2025

31 Likes

Luj Steering Committee Report - Dec 5 2025

EDIT: Some of you have reported facing dead links with the site, this should be solved.

21 Likes

Luj Steering Committee Report - Apr 1 2026

21 Likes

Luj Steering Committee Report - Apr 21 2026

17 Likes

Luj Steering Committee Report - Aug 9 2026

23 Likes

Tonight from 6pm to 7pm CEST I will host an open discussion about the NixOS Steering Committee. I’ll answer any question or remarks people might have about the actions of the Steering Committee during the last terms and my own within the SC.
I’ll also welcome any (potential) candidate for the upcoming elections to ask any question about what to expect during their future term.

Link: LaSuite Meet

3 Likes