This week we had another marketing meeting in hope to make Nix/NixOS better presented. Here is what we were talking about:
- 3 new members: @domenkozar, @ghuntley and ldlework. Welcome!
- ldlework presented assumptions that docker project had when starting and how they used website to understand what users were expecting from the command line.
- @davidak shared his work on Community, Donation and Contribution page.
- As contribution page was our first “guide” we discussed briefly how to create more of them and which exactly. @aepsil0n and @domenkozar are leading the effort in https://github.com/NixOS/nixos-homepage/pull/418
- @garbas shared work in progress for the landing page and we had a bit of discussion how to finish it. The discussion went a bit to long and we’ll do next time a better to keep it to the point.
- we discussed (tried to at least) how to start the redesign progress, we’ll come back to it next time with more concrete proposal.
Above is the short summary. I invite you to listen to the discussion to get the full picture.
Also for anybody that does not have the time to join the team, but want to contribute and share their views. Please share your ideas in the comments, we do read them and value the effort you’re putting in.