This is a long overdue report from the marketing team meetings. Recordings for meeting #8 can be found here, but unfortunately meeting #9 was not recorded due to problems with jit.si. This is an overview of both meetings:
- ANN: search.nixos.org is now ready to replace existing search
- Community survey is being prepared by @davidak
- we discussed in detail what the goals of a redesign are. in short: (a) we want to look professional (not corporate). (b) we are not looking for a perfect design but a better design. © optimize design to cater Nix’s main use cases.
- we discussed the process: in short: foundation will provide ~1000EUR for the designer, interested members of marketing team will have reviews in short - 2 day - iterations cycles with the designer .
- the design will be reviewed at the next meeting. after that we will announce it and upload design documents to nixos-artwork repository
- implementation will start shortly after that.
- hope is to have new design for nixos.org by the end of the August.
That is it, I know I was quite short with the overview, but if you have any questions please ask us here and we will be more then happy to explain.
Thank you, @garbas