We’re not been a good citizen of keeping you updated what is happening with Marketing team. For this reason we’ll be switching from meeting minutes format to a monthly update of what is in the works at Marketing team.
If you are interesting in spreading the Nix/NixOS word please joins us → Marketing Team | Nix & NixOS
- Survey went out and it was closed.
- Right now results are being analyzed
- Results will be announced before the NixCon on discourse.
Responsible: @ida and @pxc
- @ida and @pxc were making sure to schedule posts on social networks with what new is happening in Nix community. This means following discourse and scheduling posts.
- They will continue to do this for the August.
Responsible: @ida and @garbas
- First newsletter was published and we’re still working on making the process smooth. Second newsletter is about to be posted.
- With 2 newsletters out we still need to go “back” and fix few basic things. Plan for August is to:
- Add subscribe form to the homepage
- Post newsletters to the website so they can be read also outside of the email client.
- Redirect (and move archive) from weekly.nixos.org.
- Most important is that we restarted the newsletter even if things are not perfect.
- Progress was slow due to lack of time, but work started.
- Plan is to have something ready so that multiple people could join the effort by the time NixCon is around.
- We only posted few posts regarding NixCon. There was no marketing strategy to reach out to more people.
- Maybe this was for the better since tickets were sold out in 2 weeks (good job NixCon team!)
- Plans for August:
- Prepare few slides (5min) for state of the union talk
- Reach out to NixCon team to help out with online presence before, during and after the conference.
Due to summer and people being busy we’ve paused efforts on:
- What’s new in Nix
- Tales from NixPkgs