We are one of the leading Haskell consultancies in the fintech, blockchain and AI space, with a passion for Haskell and open source software. We are looking for a remote Nix fanatic to join our team. If you are excited about Nix, about robust and clean software and are up for a new challenge, you’ve come to the right place! We are making heavy use of haskell.nix, and do as much as possible in Nix.
We are already making use of flakes, are in addition also looking into
making use of recursive Nix and content-addressed derivations. As a Nix developer your role may include:
- Writing Nix code for Haskell projects using haskell.nix
- Working on haskell.nix itself
- This includes attempting to make use of novel experimental Nix featuresin haskell.nix, and also fixing bugs wrt. aarch64-darwin and similar.
- Handling CI and deployment of NixOS machines
- Helping other people at the company with their Nix issues
- Proficiency with Nix, understanding of what a derivation precisely is
- Proficiency with the Nix language, understanding of fixpoints, laziness, overlays, etc.
- Familiarity with Bash, Linux’s primitives, processes, etc.
- Software engineering and architecture skills are a bons
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal skills in English
- Experience with Haskell is a bonus
- Fully remote, work in your timezone at your schedule
- Focus on learning and individual growth in Haskell and Computer Science
- Work with other great Haskellers and Nixers, open source contributors and computer scientists
- Interesting and challenging projects
- Competitive salary
- Employee token fund for bonuses, travel, conferences
- Flexible working hours
- 6 weeks of paid vacation
If you are intersted in this position, please apply via Nix Developer - MLabs (Fully Remote, Worldwide) - MLabs
We look forward to hearing from you!