Nix 20th - Global Nix Meetups!

I’m in northeast Ohio. Would be willing to drive anywhere within a few hours, including Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cleveland or Columbus.

Otherwise a virtual event would work too.

2 Likes

Will be willing to attend anywhere in Amsterdam, Utrecht and other places in randstad, Netherlands.
I would also be willing to organize a meetup in our office (Veenendaal Utrecht)

2 Likes

Washington DC - or elsewhere in the DMV area…

4 Likes

Anyone interested from Slovakia or neighbour countries?

@imincik See above for our meetup in Vienna, so pretty close to Slovakia - esp Bratislava. We are going to talk English if there’s someone who doesn’t speak German :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Arsleust is hosting a meetup on March 22 in Paris

Anyone in Helsinki? Let’s rent a sauna :rofl:

5 Likes

if there are any Nixers in the PNW, United States of America - mainly Seattle, WA we could maybe dial in virtually to an actual cool event held elsewhere

1 Like

Planning to organize an in-person event in the Bay Area / Silicon Valley

Will announce it here as well as on our meetup page.

Going to be working with @ron @fzakaria and others to choose a date and venue before announcing details.

In addition to indicating you will be attending here, do let me know if you would be able to do a talk or lightening talk at the event.

Excited for this all. Thanks @ron and others involved for putting this together.

3 Likes

Thank you @phaer , I saw your meetup and I am considering it, although I am from eastern part of Slovakia.

2 Likes

I’d like to attend if something comes together in Hamburg.

3 Likes

I’m brand new to nix - and I’m in NE Ohio as well so…

3 Likes

Anyone interested in an in-person event in Mumbai?

Anyone near Gothenburg, Sweden?

1 Like

I am in DC but if this fails NYC would work for me too.

2 Likes

There’s now a second event, discussing the original NixOS paper in person on March 16th in Vienna, see Login to Meetup | Meetup

2 Likes

Oslo, Norway. There has been some events before, but not after Covid so would love for that :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

Hopefully everyone can start getting together after the world went into shutdown.

If you decide to get a user group after your nix party, then please feel free to list in on https://nix.ug

I think getting nixxers both new and old in the same room is very important… things certainly go quicker in terms of learning.

You just can’t beat the bandwidth of a room and face 2 face human meet ups.

3 Likes

Yo Michigander here!

3 Likes

Anyone from Houston Texas area?

1 Like