`![nix-flakes]` Lutris, Winetricks, and FL Studio

Winetricks doesn’t work in Lutris

I can’t click on the button, in the wine menu in lutris, and I am unable to run it using the wine-prefix-cli because of permissions.

Resources

Wine-prefix CLI

bash: /home/mj/.bashrc: No such file or directory
lutris-chrootenv:mj@URIEL:~/Lutris/fl-studio$ winetricks
------------------------------------------------------
warning: You are running winetricks-20230212-next, latest upstream is winetricks-20240105!
warning: You should update using your distribution's package manager, --self-update, or manually.
warning: You are using a 64-bit WINEPREFIX. Note that many verbs only install 32-bit versions of packages. If you encounter problems, please retest in a clean 32-bit WINEPREFIX before reporting a bug.
Using winetricks 20230212-next - sha256sum: 2d7770aa1f49f42ad9dafb092110dbf49fa6581738f6b80488cf0d7f59b2de72 with wine-8.0-2786-g3061bb04122 (Staging) and WINEARCH=win64
zenity: symbol lookup error: /nix/store/g4h4jc855bnyq4sln13r9s9szd8cz4h6-gtk4-4.12.5/lib/libgtk-4.so.1: undefined symbol: pango_layout_line_get_length
winetricks GUI enabled, using zenity 
zenity: symbol lookup error: /nix/store/g4h4jc855bnyq4sln13r9s9szd8cz4h6-gtk4-4.12.5/lib/libgtk-4.so.1: undefined symbol: pango_layout_line_get_length
lutris-chrootenv:mj@URIEL:~/Lutris/fl-studio$ 

Konsole CLI

Strangely enough, winetricks does load/run in this case but I am unable to modify the Lutris-created prefix.

❯ winetricks
warning: You are running winetricks-20230212, latest upstream is winetricks-20240105!
warning: You should update using your distribution's package manager, --self-update, or manually.
warning: You are using a 64-bit WINEPREFIX. Note that many verbs only install 32-bit versions of packages. If you encounter problems, please retest in a clean 32-bit WINEPREFIX before reporting a bug.
Using winetricks 20230212 - sha256sum: 5a5e3f6df498cd273966200df6e6be065652dc9c45d433d8b6243a668285113c with wine-8.0.2 and WINEARCH=win64
winetricks GUI enabled, using zenity 4.0.1

(zenity:30824): Gtk-WARNING **: 23:55:10.496: Unknown key gtk-modules in /home/mj/.config/gtk-4.0/settings.ini

(zenity:30824): Adwaita-WARNING **: 23:55:10.524: Using GtkSettings:gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme with libadwaita is unsupported. Please use AdwStyleManager:color-scheme instead.

configuration.nix

I have installed packages like this:

users.users.mj = {
    isNormalUser = true;
    description = "vimv";
    extraGroups = [ "networkmanager" "wheel" "podman" ];
    shell = pkgs.zsh;
    packages = with pkgs; [
    # ...
    lutris # Cross-Platform
    # ...
    ];
  };
  # ...
  environment.systemPackages = with pkgs; [
    # ...
    wineasio # Cross-Platform
    winetricks # Cross-Platform
    wineWowPackages.stable # Cross-Platform
    # ...
  ];
  # ...

You can review the full file here.

I’m a newbie

I’ve only just recently started learning nix-os, and I’m not really comfortable with using custom-installation methods such as from source or where CDN != nixos.org. For instance, I still have issues with my implementation of javascript and python (some people seem to prefer having it in their default environment for instance). I’ll try fix that while I wait to see if anyone has a solution, but at the same time maybe these two issues are already addressed by another document that someone has made. Maybe you know just the thing I should brush up on before making another #Help post?

Kind Regards,

jimj

PS: It completely missed my mind, the gnarly situation around nvim and plugins as well. Anyway, I am in the middle of eating this since I haven’t tried it yet.

Did you ever solve this? I am debugging a similar issue with battle.net not installing from Lutris, and also have the out of date winetricks.

Please don’t hate me, purists (pun intended! ^_^), but I found it much easier to enjoy Bazzite’s OCI image that contains everything-and-the-kitchen-sink for gaming on GNU/Linux: Package bazzite-arch · GitHub

In my case, I use Distrobox and Podman; they both have respective sections on the NixOS wiki that explain how to set them up correctly.

HTH