Nix meetup Helsinki

Hi all,

A couple of friends and I are arranging a Helsinki Nix meetup later in August (between 19th and 31st). We have a contact at Nitor willing to host the meetup at their office (Aleksanterinkatu 46, 00100 Helsinki).

We are currently using this Matrix channel to coordinate. If you are interested in meeting up, please join the channel (or reply to this topic).

Also, to decide on a date, I have set up an availability planner.

This is the second attempt at arranging a meetup in Helsinki. Last time we got unfortunately little attention.

3 Likes

Looking forward to meet new people and find out what other Nixers in the area are up to! I think it would be great if we all prepared some small demos or show-cases to demonstrate our work. It would be absolutely awesome if found any Nix-curious but not converted people and hosted an onboarding workshop as part of the meeting. And of course we should have an afterparty

1 Like

The meetup is now final:

• Date & time: Wed 28.8 at 17:00 (GMT+3) and will last for a couple of hours.
  • Presentations/schedule: TBD

We currently have only ~10 participants and would love to find 10 more!

There will be non-alcoholic beverages and snacks served during the meetup.

If you are interested in joining the meetup please reply here or send us a message in the Matrix channel.

2 Likes

Hi! I live in Helsinki and I’d love to join. I’d be glad to present something as well. :smiley:

2 Likes

One month remaining until the meetup! We have already gained quite a few new attendees :tada:

If you are still interested in joining, we would be happy to have you! Note that our catering service needs to be informed two weeks in advance – so to make sure everyone gets something to eat, please sign up by August 13th. The sign up form can be found by joining the Matrix channel

See you at the meetup!

Hi y’all! Here goes a reminder that the meet-up is tomorrow 17:00 at 46 Aleksanterinkatu! Reach out with me or @niklash here or on matrix if you need any details, and see you soon :steam_locomotive:

1 Like

Noticed this rather late, but I might be able to participate. Anything I should know about how to access the office?

2 Likes

There will be printed instructions available at the entrance

1 Like