It can sometimes be difficult to know who has access to what in the Nix ecosystem. In an effort to be transparent, below is a list of nix-related domains that I currently rent.
If you also have some of your own, I welcome you to join this thread. Other discussion related to those domains will be split into individual threads.
My intent is not to hog those domains. I have looked for a registrar that supports shared ownership and didn’t find one so far. If you have good use for them, I am happy to share.
- nixpkg.com - soon to be expired, not planning on renewing.
- nixpkgs.org - currently redirects to GitHub - NixOS/nixpkgs: Nix Packages collection
- builtwithnix.org - a landing page for Nix. This was an attempt to improve the marketing before the nixos.org redesign.
- withnix.org - was supposed to be a shorter version of the above but never deployed anything on it.
- nix-community.org - a landing page for the https://github.com/nix-community project.
- nix-community.com - that was a mistake, not planning on renewing.
- nixcon.org - for our lovely conference
- nixcon2018.org - was before we had a central domain. This should eventually be retired for 2018.nixcon.org.
- nix-consulting.com - not using it at the moment. I’m not sure if I will keep it or not.
That’s all! How about you?