- Timezone will default to UTC
- Conference schedule will be centered across the Atlantic ocean. So roughly, the main track will be morning to mid-day for UTC-4, and mid-day to evening for UTC+2
- Online space for breakouts will re-use infra from talks. The exact setup is not finalized yet but will be some combination of Jitsi and IRC.
For breakout space, how central will IRC be?
- Creating the space for people to interact outside of the talks is essential.
Session organization: Do we want to organize talks by theme/topic or split them up?
- Wait until know more about talks
- Grouping by theme may be beneficial for discussions and make it easier for attendees from timezones outside of the conference timezone.
Speaker Presentation Story
- Join a Jitsi session, share screen
- Alternatively: Use OBS to stream
- This may require more powerful hardware and configuring OBS
- Any speaker may choose this, but it is the alternate story because we don’t want it as a barrier for speakers.
8/17/2020, please connect in #nixcon on Freenode for details