NixCon 2022 - Call For Papers!

TL;DR: NixCon 2022 Call For Papers is open until end of August! Go here to submit a talk

We are so excited to request a call for papers and presentations!

NixCon is seeking folks to submit talks relating to Nix or NixOS. The more esoteric, the better! The audience is expected to be mixed, ranging from beginner to experienced Nix users. We ask that you consider this when preparing your talk.

Important Dates to Remember:
CTP Opens: Friday, July 29th 2022
CTP Closes: Wednesday, August 31st at 7pm (Europe/Paris)
CTP Notifications: Monday, September 5th, 2022
Schedule Announcement: Monday, September 19th, 2022
Event Dates: October 20-21, 2022

Slot types:
5 minute lightning talk
25 minute talk
keynote

Requirements:

1. Any platforms or tools you are describing need to be related to Nix or NixOS
  2. You are limited to be listed as a speaker on up to two proposals submitted to the CTP for consideration, regardless of the format.
  3. Presentators are required to be onsite at the event.
  4. This is a community event — so no product and/or vendor sales pitches. Talks are able to conclude with an announcement regarding hiring/for hire. If you’d like to share a sales pitch, please consider joining us as a sponsor!

How to submit your talk:

1. Use this link to submit your talk: NixCon 2022 :: pretalx
  2. You will be contacted after talks close

Speaker Pass
All accepted speakers and panelists will receive a complimentary conference pass.

Code of Conduct
We are dedicated to providing a welcoming experience for participants at all of our events. We encourage all submitters to review our complete Code of Conduct.

CTP Questions?
Have a question about the call for talks process - please post on this discourse thread below. We will do our best to respond swiftly.

NixCon Details:
When: Thursday October 20th 2022 - Friday October 21st 2022 + Hackathon on Saturday October 22nd
Where: Paris, France (Venue To Be Announced: 100-200 attendees + online attendance options)

10 Likes

Hi, I’m currently checking out if my employer would be willing to sponsor my trip to NixCon 2022. Has anyone a rough figure how much the conference ticket will approximately be? Our travel department needs numbers :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The model we use is to have the tickets cover for the catering costs, so it scales with the number of guests. And the sponsors pay for the fixed costs like venue and equipment.

We haven’t locked in the numbers yet. It should be in the same range as previous years, but I don’t know if Paris will be more expensive yet. Maximum 120 EUR per person. Also, check with your company if they will sponsor NixCon because some tickets are also included there.

6 Likes

Uh the link about submitting a talk leads to something about sponsoring? How does one submit?

1 Like

Thanks, I fixed the link. To submit talks, go to NixCon 2022 :: pretalx

3 Likes

Reviewed! We had a lot of submissions this year, and it took us a while to filter through the excellent vs good submissions.

3 Likes

Wow, even though it’s just a lightning talk, it’ll be the first time on NixCon that I’ll do a conference talk… kinda excited (and also slightly nervous :sweat_smile: )

9 Likes

And it was a good talk, definitely the type to have on a conference! Made already twice now the mistake of typing iceweasel to start my browser :wink:

2 Likes

I totally agree. It was one of my favorite lightning talk.

1 Like