NixCon 2024 - Berlin, Germany

October should be around 10°C, so might be a bit above or below. I wouldn’t expect snow but rain is definitely possible.

4 Likes

Is the foundation sponsoring speakers for travel for NixCon?
I’d love to attend but trans-atlantic travel is pricey.
:money_mouth_face:

One day…

1 Like

There’s also the lovely SCION Day which you could go to prior to your NixCon travel to make it more worth travelling internationally, if you’re interested in next generation networking protocols SCION DAY 2024 | SCION Association

3 Likes

Wazzup wazzup wazzup wazzup NIXOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. WOO!

4 Likes
1 Like

Who did the logo? It’s amazing!

3 Likes

@pinpox is responsible for the nice design, @picnoir was also helping out :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@lassulus , great thanks for organizing the conference. Please don’t forget to update Community | Nix & NixOS page contains the list of previous and next NixCon conferences.

1 Like

Thanks for the hint. I just opened community: announce NixCon 2024 - Berlin by yayayayaka · Pull Request #1505 · NixOS/nixos-homepage · GitHub

4 Likes

the ticket sale has started at NixCon 2024

7 Likes

Call for Papers!

We are looking forward to your applications, don’t be shy! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Please upvote this reddit post!

https://www.reddit.com/r/NixOS/comments/1ee88kz/nixcon_2024_berlin_oct_2527

2 Likes

Hotel recommendations/non-recommendations?

1 Like

I’d like to mention https://www.hotel-johann.berlin. I haven’t stayed there myself, but I live close by. The area is very pleasant and quiet. From the hotel to the event venue it is a nice 30 minute walk along a lovely canal.

6 Likes

If anyone decides to stay at Hotel Johann or close by do ping me, happy to take the walk to the venue together or share a meal or a chat.

3 Likes

Another hotel mention: Catalonia Berlin Mitte Hotel - OFFICIAL WEBSITE -  Catalonia Hotels & Resorts

~20 minutes to the event with the subway (3 stops, possible to use short trip ticket)
~30–40 minutes walk to the event

Is there any sale end date or ticket limit? How long can I reasonably waffle and expect to be able to still buy a ticket?

there is no end of sales time, if there are still tickets available during the conference you could buy them in theory there.
But the limiting factor is the available tickets :slight_smile:
There are currently 142 still available (as can be seen on NixCon 2024)

2 Likes

Heads up: on the checkout page, it says:

To ensure you enjoy the conference, we will need some information on your size and your food preferences

But there’s no input field for size.

Not sure if this is a missing input, or a leftover default text and there won’t be any t-shirts, just wanted to let you know :slight_smile:

/cc @lassulus

1 Like