In case you missed it, the Nix community came together for the ninth in-person NixCon in Kraków last weekend, and it was a blast! After four days of shenanigans, we can’t believe it’s over already.
With 555 attendees, we saw significant growth compared to the previous years, making this the biggest NixCon to date!
We experimented a bit with the program this year: Four days of NixCon with two of them reserved for hacking and yapping; the first ever NixCon CTF drawing in nearly 70 participants; and several Nix partners joining the partner track to explore Kraków. During the conference, it was difficult to avoid absolute groupsclosures of Nixers in all of Kraków’s central bars!
As always, we want to thank all the organisers, AV crew, volunteers, sponsors, supporters, venue contacts, and attendees for making all this happen. Our funds this year allowed us to hand out several stipends, provide an awesome partner track program, and feed every attendee on every day.
We’d appreciate if you took a minute to share your thoughts in our 2026 survey. We’d like to get your input even if you attended remotely or if you didn’t make it at all this year. The survey is fairly short and shouldn’t take long to fill out, but you can leave as little or as much feedback as you’d like.
We wish every victim of nixcon-infect a speedy recovery and look forward to see you next year!
I took my sweet time to put down my feedback (overwhelmingly positive!) in the survey, only to get hit with session expiration. Time for attempt #2.
Save your survey progress on the side, everyone!
I also wish to extend major kudos and thanks to everyone involved with the organization; and the speakers and attendees too! I felt incredibly welcome, made new friends, and learned a lot!
For everyone who’s rather new to Nix like I am, and maybe feels a bit imposter-y about coming to a dedicated event like this: you’re being silly. NixCon’s “speed-dating” workshop and the communal dining got me bootstrapped into the community within a day. I had some apprehensions for the speed-dating thing, but it turned out we’re all just kids at heart. Whoever came up with that idea, I owe you big time!
I’m looking forward to see all of you at the next one, and I wish my fellow nixcon-infect adopters a very productive bed time!
I was also hit with nixcon-infect, so head is a bit foggy.
I hope people enjoyed my very chaotic speed dating workshop, due to some last second schedule changes I had to rush from state of the union to that workshop and to the board/SC panel afterwards again and I didn’t have time to prepare signage/better routing to the room (when I arrived in the morning there was not even tables and chairs in that room D:). I would be very glad if we do speed dating every year but I’m probably it’s worst organizer. I forgot which direction people moved 3 times, forgot to start the timer at least 3 times and didn’t figure out how to add more rows until the end
So, If someone wants to help me out next time with organizing it: please reach out and help me!
This was my second NixCon and I enjoyed it very well. I got to meet a lot of cool people with @ra33it0, though it would be nice if there were more spots to lounge around. NixCon 2025 had spaces to decompress, the couches on the 2nd floor that was near the tables. Maybe beanbags or something to relax would be nice. As NixCon grows, it’s going to be more high energy so it’ll be nice to be able to decompress without going back to a hotel.
This was my first NixCon and this venue was very nice. Big props to everything from an org perspective, but especially having so many coffee stations everywhere. I sure used those a lot. The surrounding area had some great restaurants and was a memorable way to see Krakow.