NixCon stream not working in Firefox

Hi,
I tried to connect to NixCon 2020 - A conference about Nix and NixOS to watch NixCon live and I can’t start the player: I have this error in my console
Cannot play media. No decoders for requested formats: application/vnd.apple.mpegurl

I’m using Firefox/NixOS; was somebody able to play the stream using Firefox? Should I enable/install something to have this format available?
I suspect the stream is not playable in Firefox (I have DRM enabled, I tried on a clean profile, I was not able to find a solution in Internet) but any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks

1 Like

I tried to connect to NixCon 2020 - A conference about Nix and NixOS to watch NixCon live and I can’t start the player: I have this error in my console
Cannot play media. No decoders for requested formats: application/vnd.apple.mpegurl

I’m using Firefox/NixOS; was somebody able to play the stream using Firefox? Should I enable/install something to have this format available?
I suspect the stream is not playable in Firefox (I have DRM enabled, I tried on a clean profile, I was not able to find a solution in Internet) but any suggestion is welcome.

Should be better now, as the stream now actually has a countdown played.

2 Likes