Nixos-18.09 steam-run issues

Upgraded a couple of hours ago, ran into a couple of issues:

• Shutdown/reboot seems to take considerably more time. This might just be early days in the release.
  • Nerdfonts doesn’t seem to be downloading. Could just be download issues with the repo itself.
  • Steam-run doesn’t seem to be working with GOG [Good Old Games] linux downloads, although Steam itself seems to be working fine (although I have only one game). For example, starting FTL gives this error:
Running FTL: Advanced Edition
Loading Arch = amd64
lib/SIL/src/sysdep/posix/time.c:83(sys_time_init): Using CLOCK_MONOTONIC as time source
Version: 1.6.7
Loading settings
Initializing Crash Catcher...
Starting up
Loading text
Initializing Video
Video: 1280x720, windowed
libGL error: unable to load driver: i965_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: i965
libGL error: unable to load driver: i965_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: i965
libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
lib/SIL/src/sysdep/linux/graphics.c:2267(x11_error_handler): X11 error 2 (BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)) in request 155.24 (???)
lib/SIL/src/sysdep/linux/graphics.c:3571(create_window): Failed to make GL context current

From what I’ve read, this means that the DRI drivers aren’t working or are missing. Fiddling with the openGL options didn’t work for me, so I am not sure what to do next. Any ideas?

I’ve been playing some GOG games on 18.09 currently, via a steam-run env. I’d make sure that you have the same or similar version for the OS and the env (yes, driver impurity relatively often bites us). Otherwise probably separate this into a GitHub issue.

How would I check the driver version for the steam-run env, if I am understanding you correctly?

Install from the same nixpkgs commit. In particular, this should be always satisfied if you use steam-run via systemPackages, and you have rebooted or at least restarted X.

Well, I’ve always used the steam-run from the steam package. Tried using the steam-run package from nixpkgs and uninstalling it and reinstalling it - no good.

I even happen to have FTL on Steam :slight_smile: and it works on 18.09 when using nvidia drivers (proprietary). I might get to test with other drivers, in time.

Okay I figured out the problem - I had stream-run installed in my nix profile, which I guess wasn’t upgrade with all the system packages. Unsinstalled from there and re-installed it and it works fine. Thank for your help.

1 Like