I’m looking for a Nextcloud expert who also understands NixOS well, to help me with my Nextcloud issues.
I self-host a Nextcloud instance for personal & family usage since years (since back when it was still called Owncloud) and have experienced performance issues and minor outages in the last months. I don’t know how to fix them.
- Migrate from SQLite to Mysql (if you agree that this will improve performance). See Nextcloud & MySQL - #4 by turion for a past failed attempt
- Understand certain warnings in the log
- Understand & fix CalDAV performance issues
- Understand & fix a file sharing bug
- Understand & fix warnings & performance problems related to automatic uploads from the mobile app
- Flake test setup to check whether my nextcloud and databases are set up properly
- Payment after 15 minutes into first session
- Advance payment for future sessions, if everything works out fine
- I’ll write up NixOS-specific learnings in the Wiki, the manual, or in option descriptions
- Write me a private message with your rate, experience level, timezone, and typical availability
- We’ll meet online on Jitsi or Senfcall
- We’ll do pair programming, where your role is that of the navigator
- To address all points I listed from above, we’ll need several sessions, but there is no need to rush through it. A clean NixOSesque solution is better than quick dirty hacks.