NixOS Colorado Meetup?

Heyo there! I’m Aaron Honeycutt and I’m wondering if folks in Colorado use NixOS? Would anyone want to go to a meetup?

4 Likes

I’m in the Denver/Boulder area. I would be very interested in a meetup in CO. I use NixOS on all my personal systems and in production at work for a small/startup company so I’d love to show off how we are using it.

1 Like

Hello @Princemachiavelli o/

I’m in charge of the RMLUG and would love to have a meetup with a talk. I’m working on some locations currently.

1 Like

I’m moving to Boulder in a couple of weeks and I’d love to join!

1 Like

Feel free to join our RMLUG Matrix channel and we’ll work on planning!

2 Likes

I live in boulder and would love to meet up.

1 Like

I’m in the Colorado Springs area but not against driving, since it seems I’m the only one so far :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for commenting folks with your interested! I’ve setup a meetup here:

https://gettogether.community/events/39837/nixos-meetup-1/

1 Like

I’m planning on attending, but I feel like maybe something that is a bit more in between Denver and Boulder might be better for attracting people from both metros…

1 Like

@IvanMalison this is right by my house which is why I picked the location, we can have rotating locations if we have more hosts to run them.

1 Like

There is a small chance I’ll be in the area when this happens. Any chance people can firm up on dates and locations soon?

1 Like

We already have a date/time and location for the meetup.

1 Like

Thanks. I wasn’t clear if that was firm or not. Hopefully I can make it :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

@nrdxp I’m also in Colorado Springs. I’m not sure if I can make it that Saturday but I’m hoping to get sure soon because I’d like to attend.

1 Like

I’ve secured a free meetup location in Boulder if there are more people in that area that would like a regular monthly meetup.

1 Like

@zmitchell I would love help hosting events for folks more north as part of RMLUG!

1 Like

Hopefully I can make it, but it’s quite a drive for me! I’m in Divide. Maybe I can ask some local deer if they’re fans of nix

2 Likes

I know this took place some time ago. I’m hoping the meeting went well. If there is any interest in another meetup I’d like to attend one. Is anyone else interested in getting together to hang out and talk about Nix and NixOS? I’d prefer something in the northern CO area, perhas someone in [NCLUG]?(https://www.nclug.org/)? I’m a long time linux user trying to wrap my brain around Nix, it would be great to descuss ideas and struggels with some like minded indevidules. -Thoughts?

I believe so though finding the date and time that works well for folks has been difficult.