Nixos Installation Failures

I have the 19.03 release and keep getting the following failure when running nixos-install:

the option value ‘filesystems./boot.device’ in ‘/etc/nixos/hardware-configuration.nix’ is not a null or string (with check: non-empty)

I have tried on a laptop and a desktop system. In both cases using a Samsung 860-QVO SSD. Driving me nuts.
Help.

Please paste the configuration.nix file you modified under /mnt/etc/nixos/configuration.nix.

Sorry, I’m not sure how to get a copy of the config file. Can it be written to a usb stick?

After you partition your hard drive(s) you would have mounted to /mnt, etc… and then modified /mnt/etc/nixos/configuration.nix. You could pastebin this file, save to a usb, whatever works for you.

Thanks for your quick response. After I attempted another installation in order to send my configuration file, I finally realized that I had incorrectly mixed up the uefi and mbr steps. I successfully got Nixos installed with plasma, but am still running into other small difficulties. My goal is to use Nixos for dump1090, gqrx, and cubicsdr for software designed radio programs.

Sid