- NixOS | Installation and First Impressions
- Why IHP is Using The Nix Package Manager
- Cachix Blog: Documentation and More Documentation
- Cachix Blog: Upstream caches: avoiding pushing paths in cache.nixos.org
Redox added to Nixpkgs
Nixpkgs now supports cross-compiling to the Redox operating system. The redoxpkgs overlay has been created to fix packages for Redox
Tutorials & Resources
An introduction to nix-shell
What is nix-shell and how to use it.
Windows Functional Virtual Machine
WFVM automatically bootstraps a Windows image inside QEMU that you can use to run unit tests on Hydra for example.
- Nix-Bitcoin: A Security Focused Bitcoin Node
NixOS-based Django deployment
Convert systemd service files to nixpkgs syntax
On using Nix and Docker as deployment automation solutions: similarities and differences
Explores the concepts behind Nix and Docker, explains in which ways they are different and similar, and shows some examples how both tools can be combined.
Atomic secret provisioning for NixOS based on sops.
- Custom home-manager installation with NixOS
- Using Nix to build multi-package, full stack Haskell apps
- Gnome 3 on NixOS
- How to Setup Nextcloud on NixOS
- Can’t Hack This: A hard-headed introduction to Nix (slides)
- Migrate from RAID1 disk to ZFS on NixOS
- How to Make Sure Nixpkgs Can Evaluate
- NixOS Raspberry Pi 4 Google Fiber Router
- Setting up Buildkite for Nix-based projects using Terraform and GCP
- NixOS: the good, the bad, and the ugly
An alternative solution (in-development) to convert a pom.xml file into a Nix expression to help package Maven applications within Nix.
- Packaging a maven application with Nix
- Nix’s Ruby & bundler ecosystem
- How to setup a Nix binary cache using S3
- Setting up LDAP Authentication with NixOS
Contribute to NixOS Weekly Newsletter
This work would not be possible without the many contributions of the community.