Nixpkgs PR has no reviewers set, no maintainers found?

Hello! Yesterday I created a PR to speed up Tcl derivations (tcl.tclPackageHook: Use makeBinaryWrapper by refi64 · Pull Request #251460 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub), but…for some reason, the reviewer list ended up empty? tcl/generic.nix (the same file I modified) has:

meta = with lib; {
        description = "The Tcl scripting language";
        homepage = "https://www.tcl.tk/";
        license = licenses.tcltk;
        platforms = platforms.all;
        maintainers = with maintainers; [ agbrooks ];
        mainProgram = "tclsh";
      };

so I’m guessing that somehow, this isn’t being connected to the passthru property? But I’m not sure why… I can’t request a reviewer; I did try pinging them manually, but I’m not sure if that’s going to actually work with however the review flow is supposed to go.

$ nix eval .#tcl.tclMkDerivation.meta.maintainers
error: flake 'git+file:///home/delroth/work/nixpkgs' does not provide attribute 'packages.x86_64-linux.tcl.tclMkDerivation.meta.maintainers', 'legacyPackages.x86_64-linux.tcl.tclMkDerivation.meta.maintainers' or 'tcl.tclMkDerivation.meta.maintainers'

That would be why :slight_smile:

pkgs/development/interpreters/tcl/mk-tcl-derivation.nix doesn’t define maintainers, and AFAIK ofborg just uses whatever derivation you listed in the commit message / PR title to figure out which maintainers to use.

OHHH that does make sense. I tried changing it to reference tcl.tclPackageHook, which is what the last commit to those lines used, but nix eval on that also returned an error (pushed the rename anyway though for better consistency).

Is this…documented in CONTRIBUTING.md anywhere? :sweat_smile: I didn’t see the significance of that mentioned in the commit messages section and thought it was just for organizational purposes.