OfBorg is now using the Checks API to report build statuses.
You can check out an example here: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/51300/
Here is the deal on how OfBorg will mark a PR:
- If a build succeeds, OfBorg will report the check as Succeeded.
- If a build times out or none of the attributes evaluate on the system, the report is marked as Cancelled
- If a build fails for any other reason, the report is marked as Neutral
This is so that no red X’s will ever appear due to build failures. If you see a red X, the PR must not be merged.
There are some future kinks to work out:
- Mark the Completed At properly instead of hard coding a while ago in
- Creating the check when the build is queued
- Updating the check when the build is started (and also linking to the live-streaming logs at this point)
But for the most part, it should be a big improvement over what was there. I’m really glad to make progress on this. I feel the live-streaming logs are a major, under-utilized feature of OfBorg simply because we couldn’t easily link to it before.
As a reminder, if you would like to support OfBorg’s infrastructure, I have a Patreon set up at https://www.patreon.com/ofborg. A specific “next” project, I am interested in purchasing some Apple hardware so that we can make remove the need for “trusted users”.
Thank you and have fun,