OfBorg now uses Checks

Hello!

OfBorg is now using the Checks API to report build statuses.

You can check out an example here: minio/minio-client: update by tilpner · Pull Request #51300 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub

Here is the deal on how OfBorg will mark a PR:

1. If a build succeeds, OfBorg will report the check as Succeeded.
  2. If a build times out or none of the attributes evaluate on the system, the report is marked as Cancelled
  3. If a build fails for any other reason, the report is marked as Neutral

This is so that no red X’s will ever appear due to build failures. If you see a red X, the PR must not be merged.

There are some future kinks to work out:

1. Mark the Completed At properly instead of hard coding a while ago in
  2. Creating the check when the build is queued
  3. Updating the check when the build is started (and also linking to the live-streaming logs at this point)

But for the most part, it should be a big improvement over what was there. I’m really glad to make progress on this. I feel the live-streaming logs are a major, under-utilized feature of OfBorg simply because we couldn’t easily link to it before.

As a reminder, if you would like to support OfBorg’s infrastructure, I have a Patreon set up at https://www.patreon.com/ofborg. A specific “next” project, I am interested in purchasing some Apple hardware so that we can make remove the need for “trusted users”.

Thank you and have fun,
Graham

17 Likes

This is so that no red X’s will ever appear due to build failures. If you see a red X, the PR must not be merged.

… unless you deduce and get another person to confirm the problem is in master or OfBorg

(which should not happen, but…)