Pipewire and pulse audio with specific applications

I’ve been using nixos for a month and have been loving it. Ive just run into 2 issues that i haven’t been able to fixed in that month and I feel are related. I was also wondering if anyone else was running into them or had solutions for them.

The first is that I get no audio from my kde widgets. I get audio from applicatons (vivaldi, cantana, etc), but when I use a widget called fokus and it usually outputs audio on session start and end but nothing is heard. I’ve tried switching to between both pulse audio and pipewire to no avail. It also didn’t work for my local mpd server, where it would show that it was working and connect, but no audio would be heard.

Second, is Looking-Glass-Client for my VFIO set up doesn’t play audio. Typically, once everything is set up, Looking Glass should be able to launch with audio, but the only way i can get audio is thru virt-manager graphical console. Again I tried swtiching between pipewire and pulseaudio based on this thread.

I was wonder if anyone had similar issues? Thank you.

#   hardware.pulseaudio.enable = true;
#   hardware.pulseaudio.support32Bit = true;
  security.rtkit.enable = true;
  services.pipewire = {
    enable = true;
    alsa.enable = true;
    alsa.support32Bit = true;
    pulse.enable = true;
    socketActivation = true;

# If you want to use JACK applications, uncomment this
    jack.enable = true;

# use the example session manager (no others are packaged yet so this is enabled by default,
    # no need to redefine it in your config for now)
    #media-session.enable = true;
  };

Config for pulseaudio:

hardware.pulseaudio.enable = true;
hardware.pulseaudio.support32Bit = true;
  # security.rtkit.enable = true;
  # services.pipewire = {
    # enable = true;
    # alsa.enable = true;
    # alsa.support32Bit = true;
    # pulse.enable = true;
    # socketActivation = true;

# If you want to use JACK applications, uncomment this
    # jack.enable = true;

# use the example session manager (no others are packaged yet so this is enabled by default,
    # no need to redefine it in your config for now)
    #media-session.enable = true;
 # };