Reminder: NixCon 2023 — Call for Papers ends in 5 days!

TL;DR: NixCon 2023 Call For Papers closes in 5 days! Go here to submit a talk

As we eagerly prepare for NixCon 2023, I’m reminded of how the introduction of diverse voices has wonderfully transformed our community. Witnessing the positive impact firsthand, I urge you all to be part of this transformative journey.

For me, it’s clear that diversity has enriched our discussions, expanded our horizons, and brought forth fresh insights. This very diversity within our community should naturally find its place on the NixCon stage. That’s why I personally invite those from minority and underrepresented backgrounds to share their experiences and viewpoints openly.

NixCon isn’t just an event; it’s a celebration of our collective brilliance. Whether you’re a seasoned speaker or an emerging talent, your contribution matters profoundly.

Join me in advocating for change. Submit your talk proposals by 2023-08-10T23:00:00Z to help us create an event that mirrors the rich tapestry of our community’s perspectives.

Here are some information on the CfP, feel free to ask if you need any clarification or reach me out for any doubt:

Public speaking mentoring:

This year, NixCon is excited to introduce a new initiative aimed at nurturing public speaking skills within our community.
We understand that public speaking can be both exhilarating and nerve-wracking, especially for those taking the stage for the first time.
That’s why we’re offering public speaking mentoring to all speakers, regardless of experience level. Whether you’re seeking constructive feedback, guidance on content delivery, or simply looking to boost your confidence, our dedicated mentors are here to support you.

At the moment, this mentoring will be held by myself (@RaitoBezarius) and @zimbatm!

Slot types:

• 5 minute lightning talk
  • 25 minute talk

Requirements:

1. Any platforms or tools you are describing need to be related to Nix or NixOS
  2. Presentators are required to be onsite at the event.
  3. This is a community event — so no product and/or vendor sales pitches.

How to submit your talk:

1. Use this link to submit your talk: NixCon 2023 :: pretalx
  2. You will be contacted after talks close

Code of Conduct
We are dedicated to providing a welcoming experience for participants at all of our events. We encourage all submitters to review our complete Code of Conduct .

CFP Questions?
Have a question about the call for papers process - please post on this discourse thread below. We will do our best to respond swiftly.

/cc @andir @ron @hexa @zimbatm @garbas @adisbladis

8 Likes

That was Ryan’s initiative but I’m happy to help as well.

I will be here to listen to your talk, provide non-judgemental feedback and go over it as many times as you want until you feel ready.

All you have to do is book a session using this link: Motion

1 Like

I just saw on the CFP page that it says “You can enter proposals until 2023-08-11 23:00 (UTC), 1 day, 1 hour from now.”

I’m wondering which of these two is correct, since the post here says I have only one hour left to submit. Just wondering if I have to crush this now, or if I have time to do some editing and reflection.

My guess is just that the deadline was extended some time after this reminder was posted, but better safe than sorry.

Not sure what the difference was there. You should be good if the CFP page accepts your submission.

At this moment, when I check the CFP page, it says:

You can enter proposals until 2023-08-11 23:00 (UTC), 8 hours, 50 minutes from now.