Struggling to get Huion Inspiroy 2 L to work

I’m on NixOS unstable and just bought a Huion Inspiroy 2 L. I tried using the Digimend drivers for it (services.xserver.digimend.enable = true) as well as the opentabletdriver drivers but neither seem to work. The tablet buttons work but the pen doesn’t

My config can be seen here, but I haven’t pushed my failed attempts to Git, any help?

I don’t see Huion Inspiroy 2 L (H1061P) in the list of digimend or opentabletdriver tablets so perhaps a driver hasn’t been created for it yet.

If that’s the case, you can either try troubleshooting your current setup (since it’s partially working, i guess?) or help create a driver for digimend or opentabletdriver.

Not sure about drivers – you might need to add boot.extraModulePackages = [ config.boot.kernelPackages.digimend ] NixOS option, as support for the device was only recently added to digimend kernel drivers.

For apps to properly detect buttons, you might also need a .tablet file that has just been added to libwacom as a part of mass import of Huion/Gaomon devices. Thankfully, the id appears to be unique for now so it should not require Linux 6.10 and you should be able to install the .tablet file as described in Custom libwacom .tablet files for Wacom devices.

1 Like

This didn’t work unfortunately :[ but I appreciate it nonetheless!

I just realized I should probably add that I’m using GNOME on Wayland. This wouldn’t be a problem, would it?

Looks like your Nixpkgs version has too old version of the driver. The device is only supported by linuxPackages.digimend 13, updated in Nixpkgs 27 days ago.

Oh shit you’re right! A nix flake update later and it works!! Well, it’s a little bugged — for some reason the right side of the tablet covers my whole screen, but this seems to be a dual monitor issue. For future record, should I be running nix flake update periodically or?

It should be possible to control the mapping to display in Control Center. But maybe that requires the libwacom .tablet file.

There are also some unreleased fixes for Huion tablets in libinput. Not sure if that is relevant.

I would say it is pretty much like any other distro. Personally, I update the inputs several times a week. There is some discussion here: "How often do I update" kind of question

It is even possible to automate it but there are trade-offs between different methods: Best practices for auto-upgrades of flake-enabled NixOS systems?

1 Like

I think the display mapping in GNOME Settings is specifically for Wacoms unfortunately, thanks anyway though!

Hmm, looks like you’re right. That’s weird.