Synology-Drive Install

Has anyone gotten Synology-Drive installed in nixos, I can’t seem to find any info.

Chuck

1 Like

The only way I have found to get the Synology app on Nixos is with a Flatpak, and it works very well.

1 Like

unfortunately neither with nix nor flatpak synologyDrive seems to work at the moment. Has anybody made any progress on this? I get the error message

debug.message: Cannot find path by key “user_cloud_station_app_path”

and some more keys. My guess is that it has to do with nixos unique folder structure but it is unclear to me how to resolve it.

1 Like

Could resolve this one. Had to remove Synology Drive completely by removing ~/.SynologyDrive (the dot file not your synced folder). After reinstalling Synology Drive worked just fine.

Not really satisfactory as I don’t know the root cause of the problem but at least I have been running SynologyDrive without any problems since then

1 Like

Synology Drive won’t load from my startup script, and when I start it from terminal the program opens but it doesn’t load in the system tray and I get the following messages:

QApplication: invalid style override passed, ignoring it.
    Available styles: Windows, Fusion
debug.message: Cannot find path by key "user_cloud_station_app_path"
debug.message: Cannot find path by key "user_cloud_station_data_path"
debug.message: Cannot find path by key "user_cloud_station_working_dir_path"
debug.message: Cannot find path by key "user_cloud_station_drive_ui_path"
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not find the Qt platform plugin "wayland" in ""
QApplication: invalid style override passed, ignoring it.
    Available styles: Windows, Fusion

Unfortunately, uninstalling and deleting the ~/.SynologyDrive folder, and reinstalling didn’t help. Also, the flatpak didn’t work at all. Has anyone had similar issues with Synology Drive?

Update: The program opens in the background at startup if you launch it with:
QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=Fusion QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb synology-drive

The only bugs now are that the system tray icon is missing, and I still get the following messages:

debug.message: Cannot find path by key "user_cloud_station_app_path"
debug.message: Cannot find path by key "user_cloud_station_data_path"
debug.message: Cannot find path by key "user_cloud_station_working_dir_path"
debug.message: Cannot find path by key "user_cloud_station_drive_ui_path"

For my fellow Synologists, try ‘QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=Fusion QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb synology-drive autostart’ for your startup command. That worked for me.