We’re looking to contract a technical writer (full or part time) to contribute to the official Nix documentation and help us write customer-facing software documentation for Flox–an enterprise package manager and set of developer tools intended to make Nix easier learn and scale!
You will lead our efforts to support and improve the official Nix documentation. You will also own the documentation for our core products and be responsible for writing tutorials, how-tos, user guides, and knowledge base content for an audience of developers, data scientists, and sys admins that ranges from fairly to very technical.
If there’s fit, there may be an opportunity to evolve from contracting to formal, full-time employment.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience
- 2+ years of experience writing customer-facing software documentation
- Familiarity/fluency with Nix
Nice to haves:
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and Markdown
- Interest/experience in web design
- Contributions to open source project documentation
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or DM me on here on Discourse!