sensors = [{}];
      smart = [{
        use_sudo = true;
      }];

};
  };
};

Error:

[inputs.smart]: Error in plugin: failed to run command sudo -n /nix/store/zyxd72dfgwpmy4896xlfk44b75snign2-smartmontools-7.0/bin/smartctl --scan: exit status 1 - sudo: /nix/store/w6hlz3cd54w7sppp20ay0pc8c7pcd90b-sudo-1.8.27/bin/sudo sudo: effective uid is not 0, is sudo installed setuid root?

What am I missing?
Thanks.

It looks like it’s using the sudo package binary directly but the /nix/store doesn’t support setuid flags. For that we have the setuid wrappers like /run/wrappers/bin/sudo that is being installed by security.sudo.enable = true;.

Make sure that security.sudo.enable = true; is set and that the sudo package is not part of the environment.systemPackages list. If that doesn’t work it means that something in the telegraf module is loading sudo directly.

Doesn’t seem to be working:

[inputs.smart]: Error in plugin: failed to run comm and sudo -n /nix/store/zyxd72dfgwpmy4896xlfk44b75snign2-smartmontools-7.0/bin --scan: exec: "sudo": exeAll cutable file not found in $PATH -

I think you’ll also have to add "/run/wrappers/bin" to this list.

I tried both:

systemd.services.telegraf.path = [ pkgs.lm_sensors pkgs.smartmontools /run/wrappers ];
systemd.services.telegraf.path = [ pkgs.lm_sensors pkgs.smartmontools /run/wrappers/bin ];
error: getting attributes of path '/run/wrappers/binbin': No such file or directory
error: getting attributes of path '/run/wrappersbin': No such file or directory

Try this:

systemd.services.telegraf.path = [ pkgs.lm_sensors pkgs.smartmontools "/run/wrappers" ];

If the string is not quoted, nix will try and add it to the /nix/store.

What a mistake! Thanks it’s working :smiley: