The Nix Hour, a weekly Nix Q&A Lecture by Tweag

We’re going to focus on lookup paths (e.g. <nixpkgs>) for this weeks Nix Hour at 2024-04-19T15:00:00Z! If anybody has any extra questions about this topic, either:

• Ask them in this issue in advance with a comment
  • Join the livestream and use the chat to ask questions live
1 Like

We’re going to go on an expedition of the module system for this week’s Nix Hour at 2024-04-26T15:00:00Z! If anybody has any extra questions about this topic, either:

3 Likes

Day and time in May

The Nix Hour gets a new day and time every month in order to allow people with different abilities to watch it live.

For May, the Nix Hour will be 15:00 CEST on Wednesdays! We’ll also skip the next week, so the following Nix Hour after this week will be on 2024-05-08T13:00:00Z and repeat for 4 weeks until a new time is announced for June.

You can also see the times in the NixOS calendar.

1 Like

As you might’ve seen, I’m pretty busy recently, but I’ve decided to continue holding the Nix Hours as scheduled :heart:

In this week’s Nix Hour at 2024-05-08T13:00:00Z we’re going to explore Nixpkgs lib! If anybody has any questions about this topic, either:

6 Likes

Thanks so much for these Nix Hours. I don’t know if it comes across in the number of people in attendance or the YouTube view counters, but I find these videos invaluable. Watching them has been the tipping point in me actually feeling like I have the knowledge i need to use the nix ecosystem of tools and learn more on my own as I need to — more so than other learning resources (also good in their own right).

5 Likes