Trying to update Mullvad VPN to 2024.1

Hi everyone, i use the following script to update mullvad : nixpkgs/pkgs/applications/networking/mullvad-vpn/update.sh at 08b9151ed40350725eb40b1fe96b0b86304a654b · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub

Then i import the nix file into my default.nix and when i try to install the system i have the following error function ‘anonymous lambda’ called with unexpected argument ‘inputs’ " { stdenv, lib }" is there a way to make it work ?.. what i need to modify ?

Thanks for any help =)

Hey,
I don’t really understand what you are trying to do. I just installed mullvvad through nixpkgs and when I update my package sources it updates the mullvad vpn.
Maybe you could provide a snipped from your config to give us some context

You are passing inputs as an argument when import/callPackage-ing the .nix file, either remove inputs or change the first line of the .nix file like this:

-{ stdenv, lib }:
+{ stdenv, lib, ... }:
              # ^ Captures any extra arguments.
1 Like

Thanks for your help so my goal was to using the last version of mullvad vpn (2024.1) i realize by looking at the source of mullvad-vpn unstable they provide a script that update the app nixpkgs/pkgs/applications/networking/mullvad-vpn at 08b9151ed40350725eb40b1fe96b0b86304a654b · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub

I run the script then i import the default.nix updated with the last version (thanks to the script) into my config but it’s doesn’t work. So i’m still block on using the outdated version 2023.6 :confused:

The error i have when i try to install the system with m.nix : error: function ‘anonymous lambda’ called without required argument ‘fetchurl’

at /mnt/etc/nixos/nixconf/m.nix:1:1:

1| { stdenv, lib, fetchurl, dpkg, alsa-lib, atk, cairo, cups, dbus, expat, fontconfig, freetype, gdk-pixbuf, glib, pango, nspr, nss, gtk3, mesa, libGL, wayland, xorg, autoPatchelfHook, systemd, libnotify, libappindicator, makeWrapper, coreutils, gnugrep, ...}:
         | ^
        2|

Here is a snipped from my config :

{ config, pkgs, inputs, … }: {
environment.systemPackages = with pkgs; [

(import /mnt/etc/nixos/nixconf/m.nix { inherit pkgs; })

#mullvad
#mullvad-vpn
];
}

m.nix = default.nix from nixpkgs/pkgs/applications/networking/mullvad-vpn at 08b9151ed40350725eb40b1fe96b0b86304a654b · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub but with the updated version

Your solution look like more simple and easier can you show me how i can do that too ?

Try this:

environment.systemPackages = with pkgs; [
-    (import /mnt/etc/nixos/nixconf/m.nix { inherit pkgs; })
+    (pkgs.callPackage /mnt/etc/nixos/nixconf/m.nix { })
1 Like

Thanks you very much !! It’s working now without any issue

Update : The mullvad app is installing fine without any issue but when i try to connect the app is buggy

No servers list , you cannot change the api acess … i will stick with the 2023.6 on unstable and wait for maintainers make some changes