WebKitGTK, evolution, and bubblewrap

Revised post:

I made some progress in finding this origin of this problem, but am posting the original in case it helps others encountering evolution or epiphany issues. Apparently the problem described below is a issue with WebKitGTK (specifically webkitgtk-2.38.2+abi=4.1), and a recent patch of bubblewrap launcher’s bind mounting of font locations, which doesn’t seem to work with the /run/current-system/sw/share/fonts symlink. See reference in this discussion of Tangram here; bubblewrap reference is also here. Am posting this anyway, just as reference.

Original post:

I’ve just switched to unstable, and have hit the following snag in trying to view mail messages in evolution, which opens a window as anticipated, but this error is displayed in place of the actual mail message:

Something has gone wrong when displaying the message
A WebKitWebProcess crashed when displaying the message. You can try again by moving to another message and back. If the issue persists, please file a bug report in GNOME GitLab.

Starting evolution from a terminal captures these errors every time I attempt to open a message (regardless of whether I use plasmawayland as displayManager or not):

bwrap: Can't mkdir parents for /run/current-system/sw/share/fonts: No such file or directory

However, using hints from this post and invoking evolution with env WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 allows messages to be opened successfully without errors (at least none seen at the terminal).

Below are what I think are the relevant parts of my /etc/nixos/configuration.nix, which worked fine on 22.05, but not on 22.11, including the only parts of gnome I’ve declared. I don’t know enough about WebKitWebProcess to understand where the problem lies. Has anyone else hit this snag, or have an idea what I should change?

{ config, pkgs, callPackage, ... }:{
# ... <snip>
  services = {
    gnome = {
      evolution-data-server.enable = true;
      gnome-keyring.enable = true;
      gnome-settings-daemon.enable = true;
    };
    xserver = {
      enable = true;
      layout = "us";
      videoDrivers = [ "amdgpu" ];
      desktopManager.plasma5 = {
        enable = true;
        supportDDC = true;
      };
      displayManager = {
        defaultSession = "plasmawayland";
        sddm = {
          enable = true;
        };
      };
    };
  };
# ... <snip>
  environment.systemPackages = with pkgs; [
# ... <snip>
    evolution-ews
    gnome.adwaita-icon-theme
    gnome.gnome-keyring
    nerdfonts
# ... <snip>
  ];
# ... <snip>
  fonts.fonts = with pkgs; [
    iosevka
    noto-fonts
    fira-code
    vistafonts
    corefonts
    lmodern
    cm_unicode
  ];
  programs.evolution.enable = true;
# ... <snip>
  system.stateVersion = "22.05"; # Did you read the comment?
}