Wifi and Keyboard doesn't work on MacBook Pro 2019i

I downloaded Nixos with graphical installer but my keyboard doesn’t work I plugged a USB-C to USB for my phone to tethering and my USB keyboard

I am new to Linux so I don’t know what file to share.

Thanks

Hm, that suggests that the linux kernel version you have doesn’t support that keyboard yet. If you can get a terminal open and share the output of dmesg that would help.

2019 is a while ago though, it’d be weird if the current stable kernel did not support at least the keyboard by now. Where/when did you get this NixOS image? Here? Share the output of uname -a as well, just to check the kernel version.

There are some patches here, but I’m not convinced they are necessary without some further context.

Yes I downloaded the NixOS image from the link that you suggested

Here is the uname -a output:

Linux nixos 6.1.69 #1-NixOS SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed Dec 20 16:00:29 UTC 2023 x86_64 GNU/Linux

And This is the dmesg output here

And by the way I found a package that is about my Laptop’s keyboard but I don’t know what to do with this and can it be helpful?

Ah, nice, that let me to the nixos-hardware module (the overlay has since been merged into that), which has a nice readme that links to this installation guide for your device: Installation - t2linux wiki

Sleuthing a bit further shows that Linux currently indeed does not support your keyboard: Device Support and State of Features - t2linux wiki

That install guide will give you a NixOS with a patched kernel that adds support for it, among other things.